As a public access station, ICTV accepts works to be cablecast to Mediacom and Paul Bunyan area cable subscribers. The following guidelines shall be used for materials submitted for airtime.
- ICTV accepts works from individuals residing in the Itasca County region.
- Works that may have a regionwide or statewide impact may also be submitted, but airtime will be at the discretion of the executive director and operations manager.
- There is no charge to cablecast submitted materials.
- Text-only may be submitted for the bulletin board (see separate policy)
- Scheduling of programs will be at the discretion of staff.
- Programs determined obscene, slanderous, or profane by community standards or by FCC guidelines will not be aired.
- Government meetings may be submitted and used on-air and on ICTV’s video-on-demand site at www.watchictv.org.
- Programs should be submitted in DVD format or on a flash drive. Programs recorded using other formats may be submitted, but individuals may be asked to leave their cameras so that staff may download the material to an acceptable medium.
- Regular submitters may be trained to upload their programs using ICTV’s secure web page.
- Programs must have appropriate leaders/identification and labeling.
- Individuals submitting materials must leave contact information with ICTV in the event that there are any problems with the material.
- Individuals submitting materials for cablecasting on ICTV agree to indemnify and hold harmless Itasca Community Television, Inc., its directors, officers and staff against any claims arising out of the use of the program material to be cablecast or including but not limited to claims in the nature of libel, slander, invasion of privacy or publicity right, non-compliance with applicable laws and unauthorized use of copyright material. The individual submitting material is responsible for obtaining all necessary clearances and arrangements with program owners and all necessary ownership and royalty rights will be obtained including copyright and performing right. The submitter will bear all responsibility for all program content and any consequences or program production and distribution on the access channel(s). A copy of the form is attached.
- Programs with third-party sponsors are not acceptable unless pre-approved by the executive director.
- Commercial material shall not be accepted.
- ICTV can not accept advertisement or promotional videos for profit entities.